GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM HIS EXCELLENCY, DR EMMANUEL EWETA UDUAGHAN, GOVERNOR OF DELTA STATE, ON THE OCCASION OF THE 2009 CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS
As the world celebrates Christmas, the birth of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ, I call on all Christians and indeed, all Deltans, to share and spread the virtues of peace, love and charity, which Christ represents with one another. The birth of Jesus Christ being celebrated at Christmas, should be seen in its true perspective as Godís gift of salvation and redemption to mankind.
2. Christmas is a symbol of peace: it represents Godís undying love for mankind, an example of his profound kindness for humanity. I therefore, urge all Christians and non-Christians alike, to strive to emulate the humility, sense of sacrifice and the divine patience of our Lord Jesus Christ in all their undertakings and relationships with fellow mortals.
3. I sincerely hope that all Deltans will regard the festive season as a period of renewal of faith in God and hope for a better future. As believers in Christ, we should rededicate ourselves to helping the needy and being our brotherís keeper at all times.
4. My administration will continue to promote the welfare of all citizens while ensuring the protection of lives and property in the State. We remain fully committed to delivering on our promise of making Delta, a First World State through our three-point agenda that we are vigorously pursuing.
5. I assure all Deltans of better years ahead as we are working assidously to bringing the desired change for a better and more developed Delta State. Notwithstanding the many challenges we have had to contend with as a State, I believe that we can all look forward to 2010 and beyond with great optimism and hope.
6. I wish all Deltans, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance as I pray for the warmth of Godís love to fill every home.
Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan