GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM HIS EXCELLENCY, DR EMMANUEL EWETA UDUAGHAN, GOVERNOR OF DELTA STATE, TO MUSLIMS ON THE OCCASION OF THE 2009 CELEBRATION OF EID-EL-KABIR IN THE STATE.
I felicitate with our Muslim brothers and sisters on this great occasion of their faithful observance of the Eid-el-Kabir in Delta State.
2. This celebration is particularly important as it deepens the faith that all Muslim faithful have in Allah. This occasion re-enacts the obedience displayed by prophet Ibrahim to Allah. The underlying factor in Eid-el-Kabir celebration is the spirit of sacrifice. Prophet Ibrahimís unshaken faith earned him the divine intervention of Allah at the critical time he needed to fulfill his vow.
3. As Muslim faithful, you must all constantly reflect on the infinite love, which Almighty Allah has for you and in return, reciprocate by showing love and compassion to others. It is in doing this that you will continue to receive more favour from Allah.
4. This period calls for sober reflection and prayers for the State and nation. I therefore, urge all Muslims and non-Muslims to continue to live in peace and harmony with each other. Such is the best way to demonstrate our appreciation to Godís continued divine intervention in our life, especially as every religion professes peace, love and good neighbourliness.
5. I assure all Deltans that my administration will continue to be guided and remain responsive to their yearnings and aspirations. The resolve of this administration through our three-point agenda is to ensure that there is adequate security for lives and property and that the standard of life of our people improves for the better.
6. On behalf of my family, the Government and people of Delta State, I wish all our Muslim brothers and sisters a happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration.
Dr. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan